Human rights are moral principles or norm that describes certain standards conducts of human behaviour which people from around the world have agreed are essential.
1) Human rights are the total sum of civil, political, individual and collective rights in every states and countries of the world enshrined in their legslations and laws.
2) Human rights covers every aspect of a persons life.
3) Human Rights are inalienable, in other words, no person can be divested of his right. This is although subject to legal circumstances like where the person has committed an offence.
4) All of the Human rights are interwoven, indivisible and interrelated. One cannot be breached without affecting the other.
5) The Universal Declaration of Human Rights provides thirty (30) articles of Human rights.
6) Human Rights are universal as they apply to all people indiscriminately.
7) Human Rights serves as a check of abuse of power over the vulnerable.
8) According to an article titled “Human Rights Facts & Figures”, it was observed that women have been denied the knowledge,and freedom to act in the best interest of themselves and their children.
9) In “Abuses, Statistics, Child Abuse, Gang Violence & Child Soldiers”it was stated that worldwide there are about 246million child laborers.
10) The 10th of December is a set date for the celebration of human rights.
11) From the UN Declaration on Human rights, everyone is entitled holiday with a pay.
12) In Kazakhstan, Domestic violence is not an offence.While in Russia, there is no legal definition of domestic violence.
13) In 2018,the UN Human rights,WHO and UN women declared ” virginity testing” as violation of Human rights.
14)The Universal Declaration of Human Rights has been translated into nearly 400 languages, making it the most translated document in the world.
15) In 2011, access to the internet is declared a basic human right.